Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Strange Day

Today has been a strange day. Too many unexpected and unusual things for my liking.

It almost feels like I stepped into a Salvador Dali painting...

something akin to this...




Not to mention that this day started at 10am yesterday.

For a 48 hour span I will have gotten 5 hours sleep...
Who says residents and interns are the only ones who have crappy hours?

Almost forgot one of my best friend/ex-boyfriend/ex-roommate's birthday (thank you google calendar for saving me)... so not like me... especially for those that matter most

Last year his birthday involved a very large, homemade sponge bob cake.... you wouldn't believe me unless you saw it, so here you go.



Discovered another friend....also a previous roommate for a 6 year stint.... had decided to lose 40lbs and join the police academy.

huh?...who are you and what have you done with the person I lived with for 6 years?

Had no clue and realized that in just a few months things can really change a lot.

Have you ever had one of those days where it feels like everything is just a tiny bit off?

Or maybe a lot off?

Today was definitely one of those days.

I hate feeling like I am on the outside looking in... completely lost to my surroundings...

Feeling like I am always forgetting something, or doing something wrong, or missing the point...

well, today was one of those days.


And then... I come to work and I have a fresh, post-op, CABGx3 for a patient...

cardiac surgery, intubated, sedated, spaghetti factory of lines....

I stepped into my routine and suddenly... almost instantly

the world turned slightly back into place...

I took a deep breathe, smiled and thought..

Ahh... home.


No comments :

Post a Comment